NPS - Shared Responsibility

Native Perspectives on Sustainability friendsofnps at nativeperspectives.net
Tue Sep 13 08:01:03 PDT 2011

Hello Friends,

After spending the majority of the past year traveling in South America, it
is great to be back home in the Pacific Northwest.  My time abroad provided
a wealth of encounters with indigenous cultures across the Andes, deepening
my appreciation for the resilience, creativity and joy of the human spirit.

Here at home, I have put together a couple new video clips to add to the Native
Perspectives on Sustainability <http://www.nativeperspectives.net> series.
It is with great pleasure I share the first of these, Shared
Responsibility<http://www.youtube.com/user/NativePerspectives?feature=mhee#p/a/u/0/YWVVYAHHeoo>(3:57)
featuring Roberta Conner (Cayuse).  In this clip, Conner reflects on
the longstanding ties between her people and the region and the current
reality that "the problems and the gifts are a mutually inherited set" which
call for shared responsibility.

Beyond this clip and the one to follow my energies will be focused on other
responsibilities, but there remains the possibility of expanding the scope
of this work down the line.

Thanks for your attention, support and good work!

Be well,
David

--
David E. Hall, Ph.D.
Native Perspectives on Sustainability: Voices from Salmon Nation

Connect with Native Perspectives on Sustainability through
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=44866488361&ref=ts>
Video link:
http://www.youtube.com/user/NativePerspectives?feature=mhee#p/a/u/0/YWVVYAHHeoo
To unsubscribe or manage your subscription to this mailing list click
here<http://nativeperspectives.net/mailman/listinfo/friendsofnps_nativeperspectives.net>